The PM will work closely with ownership, executives and company staff to ensure the highest level of project delivery.
They know their people make the biggest difference in a company and make it run successfully, so they take care of their work family. Work-Life balance is just as important as professional growth and satisfaction with all levels of employees, regardless of position or responsibilities.
Their company serves commercial, multifamily and light industrial clients in a number of different industry segments with their most trusted development projects. They have over 4 decades of history in delivering excellence to our clients in the Memphis Tn community. The company is roughly $250+M annually in volume and has a complement of 50+ employees based in the West Tn area.
- Direct all facets of each project from pre-con and initial construction efforts to close-out. Ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Work with all staff, owners and management to smoothly complete project from "Trees-to-Keys" during allocated schedule.
- Managing 1-3 projects simultaneously pertaining to mid-rise apartment complex construction including: student housing, garden-style & podium (or podium wrap) structure types.
Additional responsibilities and involvement listed below:
- Field Operations
- Cost Management
- Staff Management
Details listed below
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related discipline
- 8+ years experience in Multifamily Project Management with a General Contractor / Construction Management firm from the GC side.
- Competitive Salary ($120k+) & annual bonus structure (roughly 25% of salary/yr)
- Travel compensation for project/client visits
- Competitive Auto/Gas compensation
- Vacation & Holiday pay
- Healthcare Insurance options for individual / family (100% Paid!)
- Locally based office (Memphis, TN)
- 401k + attractive company match
- Setup of a project schedule and creation of activities and logic, with no/little assistance on duration and schedule flow.
- Develop site logistics plans in conjunction with lead superintendent
- Set up cash flow and manpower projection analysis at varying stages of the project
- Prepare constructability reviews to determine completeness of documents
- Review estimates prepared by preconstruction group for potential scope holes
- Initiate set up of jobsite, including mobilization of trailer and setup of jobsite staff
- Establish and oversee the safety plan at the jobsite; set safety culture at jobsite
- Ensure construction process is completed in a timely manner
- Assist with management of labor relations with field personnel/subcontractors
- Implement emergency crisis procedures and ensure staff is appropriately trained
- Manage owner equipment coordination process
- Facilitate Mechanical/Electrical overhead coordination or BIM process
- Create and manage general conditions budget. Monitor and update projections on a monthly basis
- Establish non-reimbursables based on interpretation of contract; work to minimize their usage
- Set up trade budget structure and log into system/budgeting-program
- Review budget entries of others and evaluate reports for accuracy
- Regularly monitor project costs and effectiveness of change management process
- Oversee creation of cost items in prolog and issuance to contractors
- Assist with processing changes to owner agreement
- Support jobsite cash management, including monitoring of job profitability and timeliness of payment
- Facilitate meetings with project team
- Supervise and mentor project jobsite staff
- Ensure RFIs and submittals are being appropriately processed by the engineering staff
- Ensure office procedures are implemented, including filing system, correspondence formats, start-up documents, closeout documents, and archiving
- Manage ultimate agency acceptance of project, including serving as interface to code officials
- Involvement in seeking repeat and new business sales
- Assist with response to RFPs and preparation of presentation for new projects
- Manage jobsite relations and communicate needs with Architect/Engineer