Troy/Madison Heights. MI
Summary of the Automation Controls Service Engineer:
An Automation Controls Service Engineer is needed for a Client of ours that does nearly 1 Billion in sales in 21 countries with over 1200 employees. This is a great opportunity to use your hands on skills to work with integrated systems including: mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, troubleshooting, debug and more. You will be able to work your way into being the go-to-guy for customer repairs/roll-outs/troubleshooting and updates. This is an excellent opportunity for anybody who loves learning (tuition reimbursement available) and growing in a role as much as getting their hands on the production equipment.
You will become an integral part of a local 40+ person engineering team located in SE Michigan for a very profitable and well established company with an excellent growth track record. You will also have mentors to guide you thru the new learning curve using simulation tools (emulator) to teach you the equipment. This division is the top global division performer on the sales per capita ratio.
Qualifications of the Automation Controls Service Engineer:
- Electrical Training is a MUST HAVE, Certificate, Military Electronics, Associates Degree, BS preferred
- Strong Controls Aptitude
- 1 plus years of experience
- Customer and Supplier Interface Ability/People Skills
- Eager to learn new things
- Passionate about being around equipment with multiple integrated systems is a BIG PLUS
- Experience with both HIGH and Low Voltage electrical systems (troubleshooting, wiring, building, designing etc.)
- Ability to trace circuits with multi-meters, validate pin-outs to print etc.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, blueprint reading
- Able to Apply OHMS law on basic circuits and components
- Ability to identify components such as: OpAmp, Capacitor, Resistor, H bridge etc.
Not required but a BIG PLUS:
- Metal removal and welding equipment background
- Programming experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, Telemecanique, Wonderware, Panelview, DeltaV etc.
- 2-D AutoCad or similar application for electrical documentation
- Motion Control Programming, Software Programming
- Magnetics and Induction Knowledge
- Machine Electrical Design, Hydraulics Systems, Cooling Systems, Conveyors, Pick-and-Place etc.
- Building pneumatic and hydraulic systems with hose and hard lines
- Experience with systems and components such as: hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, fittings, pipefitting, pipe bending, hydraulic hose, copper tubing.
- Experience as a machine technician/builder or similar role
- Understanding how an H-Bridge works
Compensation of the Automation Controls Service Engineer:
Location: Troy/Madison Hgts. MI
Benefits: World Class w/ tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship: NONE-US Citizens or Green Card Only
Travel: Travel up to 50% (throughout the U.S.)
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful: Technician, Technologist, Mechanic, Mechatronics, “integrated systems”, hydraulic, electrical, troubleshooting, debug, repair, electrical systems, electrical, circuits, multi-meters, weld, programming, CAD, “Motion Control”, Induction, Magnetic, pneumatic, plumbing, fittings, "pipe fitting", pipe bending, hydraulic hose, copper tubing.