We are hiring a Clinical Laboratory Operations Supervisor who is responsible for coordinating and reviewing all activities of the laboratories in order to achieve maximum quality of testing and compliance with all requirements by regulatory agencies.
- Assures the delivery of quality department /clinical services in accordance with established hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- Assures employee compliance with hospital and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Assures that employee competency and education requirements are satisfied as per hospital policy.
- As required, participates in the Performance Improvement Program as defined by the organization.
- Attends Management/Leadership meetings as scheduled/required and communicates hospital policies, performance improvement initiatives and all other required information to staff.
- Participate in committees, task forces and projects as appropriate.
- Assures the provision of a safe employee/patient environment. Maintains knowledge related to the operations of the department.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of the hospital interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within the department and hospital wide.
- Demonstrates positive customer service, fosters positive employee relations and assures that staff adhere to the Customer Service Behavioral Standards. Is supportive of hospital initiatives and projects and functions as a positive change agent. Promotes a positive and professional image and is a role model, coach, mentor and resource for staff and peers.
- Directs and supervises tests performed by technologists. Trains and assists technologists with specialized tests; interprets results for physicians and advises on follow-up tests, as needed. Oversees and assists with the Quality Control Program and prepares monthly Quality Control reports for section meetings.
- Prepares section payroll and time sheets as required. Keeps abreast of accrediting agencies regulatory standards for the Laboratory to meet compliance. Documents test implementation and training for staff.
- Maintains effective communication within and outside the Laboratory Department. Is actively involved in assisting with the development of effective utilization of laboratory/computer software to include instrument interfacing, tests, worksheets and report formatting. Troubleshoots instrument malfunction when needed and works with vendors to resolve issues.
- Monitors turn-around-time for applicable assays Performs the duties of Sectional Supervisors, Technologist, and Assistant Supervisor, as needed. Develops and submits departmental goals and objectives as required by the Division Administrative Director and Assistant Director. Interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels and terminates employees as per hospital policy.
- Assures completion of staff orientation, annual and ongoing competency and education requirements. Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to manage department. Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
- Adheres to safety standards for employees and patients. Performs other duties as assigned.
BS Degree in Clinical Technology or related science with six years of relevant hospital experience.
Current NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required.
Attention to Detail
Schedule: Full Time, Day, Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm alternating as needed