Senior Design Engineer
Our Decorah, Iowa client is looking to hire a Senior Design Engineer. This Engineer role will have supervisory oversight of the Design Drafting Team. This role will utilize AutoCAD 2D, Inventor 3D, and other software programs to support customers, Sales, Production, and Engineering staff by preparing custom and standard layouts, sketches & diagrams, assembly drawings, and detail drawings to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacturing. Maintain information regarding changes to standard and custom BOM database. Research and work with purchasing personnel to source specialty items.
- Use AutoCAD and Inventor software to develop designs.
- Create and detail 2D and 3D drawings for fabrication and assembly with assurance of proper fit and function of custom trailer designs.
- Utilize and apply engineering designs (statics, strength of materials, dynamics & stress analysis) and best practices to solve design problems.
- Make final drawing of proposed design, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Product and document all drawings required to complete a full trailer build according to sales order or specification.
- Lead design review meetings with both structure and interior production team leaders.
- Communicate with salesperson or vendors about design possibilities.
- Receive written trailer specifications and verify to sales drawings using AutoCAD 2D.
- Assure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with Engineering Change documentation as it relates to revisions made to standard drawings.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 5+ years of related work experience with a proven record of successfully creating 3D models with Inventor.
- 3+ years of experience with AutoCAD 2D.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex product design performance through project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability as an effective leader, with demonstrated ability to foster cross-functional influence and collaboration.
- Ability to troubleshoot production difficulties with production personnel.
- High Skill level in AutoCAD and Inventor software.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off