Major established company with a good working culture that is in a growth mode has multiple positions available for Automation Systems / Electrical Engineers in the southern portion of upstate NY.
In this role will be responsible for the design and commercialization of new products and sub-systems related to automated vehicles. The selected candidate will participate in both the design and implementation of truck and server-level programs and must be able to coordinate the design and modification of existing automation systems to meet customer requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to integrate new functions or features into existing system architecture, and will be knowledgeable about existing/emerging automation technologies needed to support product development.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Designs and develops various components and sub-systems in support of automated product development. Development may include electrical, software, and/or controls tasks.
- Provides requirements for software interface solutions and customizations between systems which may include automation/vehicle controllers and server-to-vehicle communication.
- Responsible for verifying that system and software design implementation meets requirements.
- Understands electrical system design concepts. May be responsible for the creation and development of electrical schematics, and component qualification and selection for automation systems
- Leads coordination with third-party suppliers who provide custom software.
- Listens to, understands, and conveys customer requirements. Works with customers to develop optimized processes and systems.
- Resolves customer issues or difficulties in a manner consistent with Company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Provides support for new product development teams. Works with cross-functional groups at the direction of a Lead Engineer or Program Manager.
- Familiarity with Linux development environment
- Solid understanding of programming techniques using C, C++, C#, Python, Structured Text or similar languages
- Basic understanding of network and communications technology – CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, UWB, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with virtual and/or physical servers running Windows
- Experience with industrial control systems including PLCs, OPC Servers, or Kepware
- Knowledge of interface development between warehouse or manufacturing control systems and third-party software and hardware solutions
- Direct customer-facing experience
Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Must be comfortable working in a team environment and be able to present technical material to technically diverse audiences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Two to five years’ engineering experience is highly desired. A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, is required. Must be U.S Citizen, Green Card Holder or have a TN Visa as well as will consider an HIB