Major and established company with a good working culture that is in a growth mode located in the southern portion of upstate NY is looking for their Telematics team Application Software Engineers (App Developers). Do you want to be a part of a team that helps the biggest companies in the world optimize their supply chains? Do you enjoy being involved in a diverse portfolio of products? Are you self-motivated? Whether you are a recent or upcoming graduate, or have some industry experience, you could be a fit for one of our positions.
Leveraging a modern C++ software environment, we develop and manufacture software for forklift operator UI and overall warehouse management within the material handling industry. Data is the key to successful warehouse operations. Our software creates, curates, and innovatively presents that data. From access control, to electronic checklists, to impact management, our software continues to unlock new and cutting edge methods for warehouses to improve their overall performance.
As a developer, you will be a core member of our team, creating software that major businesses -- from e-Commerce to essential medical suppliers -- depend on to streamline their warehouse operations. You will be central to designing, architecting, and implementing innovative solutions based on the latest ARM32 bit processors. We will directly use your ideas to tackle the problems that the biggest companies in the world are relying on us to solve. You will need a willingness to understand our existing products and build on that technology. Innovators are encouraged to apply.
- Possesses solid debugging skills
- Able to reason at a software systems level
- Detail-oriented with good documentation skills
The following could also be helpful:
- QT/QML understanding
- Experience in Yocto build system
- Experience developing and integrating device drivers
- Good working knowledge of Linux Kernel
- Working knowledge and experience with current version control tools such as Subversion and GIT
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment that leverages JIRA
- Mobile App plus UI/UX development skills
- Professional experience with Qt
Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities, as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Has the ability to present technical material to technically diverse audiences.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Self-motivated - demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams toward near-term and long-term objectives
- Inquisitive - mindset to ask the right questions and to design and execute scientific experiments to prove his/her hypothesis
- Data-driven - has the ability to interpret data and arrive at actionable insights
- A team player - strong interpersonal skills, experience with building relationships, and facilitating active collaboration
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable, and eager to deliver timely results despite unanticipated challenges
- Needed is a Green Card or U.S. Citizenship as well as will consider a TN Visa or H1B Visa
Education and Experience:
- Position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related, plus relevant course work or industry experience. Two to five years’ software development experience is highly desirable.
- Must be able to utilize Modern C++ (C++ 11 or greater) in an embedded Linux environment and have an excellent understanding and solid experience/coursework in Object-Oriented Design.