Do you want to be a part of a team with an established and major company that has a good working culture as an Embedded Software Engineer that helps the biggest companies in the world optimize their supply chains? Do you enjoy being involved in a diverse portfolio of products? Are you self-motivated? The location of these positions is the southern portion of upstate NY.
Depending on experience, responsibilities may include development of core software architecture requirements for embedded systems, participation in product and system discussions, and work in software design for extended product life cycle, in addition to software development. You may also have the opportunity to lead cross-functional design with mechanical, electrical, and controls engineers.
In these newly created roles, you will design and implement control systems firmware for the complex embedded systems that form the backbone of the company's material handling products. Working in a collaborative environment, you will design, implement, and integrate software for some of the most sophisticated products in the material handling industry. This position is ideal for candidates with a broad engineering background, a passion for problem solving, and interest in firmware development. Backgrounds in multidisciplinary fields such as consumer devices, medical devices, robotics, mechatronics, aerospace, and the like could all provide excellent preparation for our highly cross-functional environment.
- Proficiency in C on resource-constrained embedded platforms
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Working knowledge of standard hardware protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, UART)
- Experience with networking, concurrency, and distributed systems
- Ability to read hardware specifications and schematics and solid debugging skills
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts
The following could also be helpful:
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers
- Experience with CAN/CANopen
- Familiarity with the following
- Mathworks tools like MATLAB, Simulink
- National Instruments tools like LabVIEW, VeriStand, cRIO, PXI
- dSPACE tool chain
- R, Python, SQL,C++, C#
- Working knowledge and experience with current version control tools such as Subversion and GIT
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment that leverages JIRA
Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities, as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Has the ability to present technical material to technically diverse audiences. Must be a Permanent Resident or be a U.S. Citizen or have a TN Visa.
Education & Experience:
Position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related, plus two to five years’ development experience, preferably embedded. Even 1 year of experience can work if from relevant internships during pursuit of the degree.