Our client, a leading provider of wealth management and private banking services, is looking for a Senior IT Project Manager.
Manage a set of projects (including new application acquisitions, business process improvements and technology utilization enhancement initiatives). The role includes resource allocation, tracking project plans and timelines, preparing environment strategy for development & testing, risk and issue management, status reporting and design of and transition to a steady-state support model.
Collaborate with a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, vendors, etc. to effectively deliver projects/initiatives. This requires the capability to work in large cross-functional teams and may include establishing vendor relationships, if vendor selection is a component of the project. It also requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience with Salesforce Financial Services Cloud and/or Ncino is a huge plus.
Must be able to simultaneously manage 2 or more IT projects and support a number of customers/internal clients. You will function as Relationship Manager to a small number of business area executives in order to enhance communication between the business side and IT, as well as to elicit project requests, requirements and business area strategy.
As a member of the Program Management Office, you will be expected to contribute to the ongoing development of the Project Management Methodology, and may be expected to publish one or more roadmaps and/or white papers with ownership of maintaining them.
The Project Manager is a presenting member of the Project Review and Prioritization Committee, and therefore must be able to present complex data/concepts in a simplified, understandable, and meaningful way.
- Proficient at structuring a project, performing the detailed planning, and managing project execution and completion of moderate or large projects.
- Skilled at defining the phase deliverables, tracking milestones and incurred expenses versus planned expenses, scheduling roles and resources, evaluating risks and recommending contingency plans.
- Business process analysis experience
- Excellent documentation skills using tools like Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience charting/graphing and documenting process and data flow
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Skilled at consensus building and conflict management
- Knowledge of corporate infrastructure
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies and other platforms
- Comfortable with rapid pace and with ambiguity
- 7+ Years of IT project management experience in financial services (preferably banking) required
- Experience leading complex and/or client-facing projects required
- Experience implementing or upgrading Salesforce Financial Services Cloud or Lightning preferred
- Experience with Ncino is a huge plus.
- Business Process Analysis experience recommended
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- PMI or other project management certification strongly preferred