Major established company with a very good working culture has opportunity with the location being the lower portion of upstate NY for an Electrical Designer that will research and develop more involved, moderately-complex electronic designs to support the manufacture and sale of products. Primary focus will be CAD-based design of electronic cables, harnesses, enclosures, and assemblies. This is not a remote position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Works with electrical engineers to design electrical systems that meet application requirements.
- Works from data provided by electrical engineering in the form of sketches and drawings, notes, specifications, and verbal descriptions.
- Evaluates design ideas to generate the best possible design, taking into account accessibility for maintenance, minimum noise, clearance space for cables and services, ease of operation, safety and environmental standards, etc. in the most cost-effective way.
- Partners with mechanical counterparts on system design and integration.
- Creates more involved design layouts of parts and assemblies, functional units, and complete mechanisms which have multiple moving elements and precise positional and/or timing relationships.
- Prepares new or revised layouts of completed design in order to provide finished, detailed drawings.
- Assists in troubleshooting and identifying any technical or design issues.
- May recommend hardware to meet given or calculated requirements.
- May pre-check, coordinate, and final check the drafting work from contracted resources.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Must have the ability to plan, organize, and carry out technical activities as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Position requires an associate’s degree or two-year technical trade school and three or more years’ related work experience. CREO Schematic and Wiring Systems experience is a plus, as are Altium Schematic Capture and PCB Design background. Must be either a U.S. citizen or have a Green Card.