HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER OPENING!
Direct Hire, Permanent, Full-Time
Competitive Compensation, based on experience
Excellent Full Benefits
Works directly with employees and management to onboard, train and develop Human Resources within assigned, designated departments.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Works directly with department managers on hiring, evaluations, competency documentation and performance issues
- Posts open positions, advertises, recruits and screens applicants, conducts reference checks and education/licensure/registration/certification verification on potential employees
- Coordinates and directs the onboarding process for employees (offer calls, background checks, offer letters, orientation enrollment, required documents and the scheduling of employee health appointments)
- Processes internal transfers
- Acts as a liaison with employment agencies, advertising agencies, and temporary agencies and reviews contracts with these agencies
- Develops and drafts job descriptions
- Interfaces with employees, supervisors and managers relative to benefits, compensation, discipline and policy interpretation
- Assists and advises management in the application and interpretation of personnel policies and procedures, union contracts, transfers and terminations
- Knows and understands the workings of departments, and attends department meetings.
- Participates in professional activities to keep abreast of changes in new developments in the field
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Orients new employees, transferring employees and volunteers to their assigned department and works directly with mentors assigned in specific department on training new staff
- Provides guidance and input on department restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Provides employees and managers with FMLA paperwork and validates eligibility
- Serves as an HRIS resource
- Prepares and maintains all onboarding materials
- Attends assigned committee meetings
- Coordinates and attends on-site/off-site job fairs or other recruiting events
- Coordinates travel arrangements with interview candidates
- Provides clerical support and backup to other staff members/coworkers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the ability to use a personal computer and various software programs applicable to the position
- Demonstrates the ability to operate applicable office equipment
- Demonstrates effective skills in oral and written communication
- Exhibits the ability to deal effectively interdepartmentally and with the public
- Exhibits the ability to maintain confidentiality, think and act independently with minimal supervision
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Must be able to work in a high paced, multi-tasking environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Human Resource related certification preferred
- Basic medical terminology preferred
- Five years Human Resource experience in a HR Generalist or HR Business Partner position.
- Healthcare and Union experience highly preferred.
Coos Bay offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.