A full-service design-build company providing custom process and automation solutions to the food and beverage manufacturing industry. The employees' technical design and hands-on field experience has developed, executed, and commissioned technical solutions throughout the United States and the Caribbean. The company is a fast-growing process & process controls company in search of a talented individual who would like to further their career as a controls engineer.
Reasons to work here:
Challenging project work for Food & Beverage manufacturers
Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision. Company pays full employee premiums and partial dependents.
Competitive compensation package with a combination of salary and hourly pay
Opportunities to grow with a small company
Position Summary: Provide electrical design, controls engineering, and troubleshooting of engineering problems. Provide direction and coordination of electrical design for industrial projects in the food and beverage industry throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
You will be responsible for and not limited to the following:
- Working with the customer and/or process engineer to develop and/or interpret process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Developing project documentation including, but not limited to, device lists, I/O lists, electrical contractor documentation, and acceptance documentation. Designing and developing PLC and HMI programs and control system networks. Designing and configuring control system server infrastructure.
- Commissioning controls system including device configuration, I/O checkout, PID tuning, water testing, CIP testing, and production testing.
- Calibrating process devices and provides documentation.
- Troubleshooting control systems (software, hardware, electrical, and/or mechanical problems).
- Working with subcontractors (mechanical or electrical) on projects including oversight of electrical install. Drafting for electrical schematics, networks, etc.
- Ensuring that the projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Interacting with and managing customer expectations.
A full job description is available following a phone conversation with the lead recruiter for this role.