This unique RF Engineer will be a key member of our RFID hardware team. This role is responsible for creating and building a paper design and seeing it through to production. You will design RF / Analog circuits for various products from start to finish. These will be unique products such as inventory management and barcode scanner systems which are used in numerous businesses worldwide that you will recognize and likely shop in yourself
This position reports to the senior manager
This is the opportunity of a lifetime where your designs can be seen and used in realtime at some of your favorite retail and giant stores like Amazon, Target and the US Postal service. The room for growth, job security, salary and benefits makes this a career opportunity that you wont want to pass up.
Located half way between Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC, the location offers something for everyone.
Relocation assistance is available.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of experience or a Master’s degree and 4+ years of industry work experience as an RF engineer.
- Paper design of circuits and capture in CAD tools. Provide layout mentorship to PCB designer
- Bench prototyping of test circuits and soldering and rework as required for testing circuit boards
- Test and optimization of these circuits at board level and product level to ensure product requirements are fulfilled
- Involvement in architecture and platform development
- Simulation at board and system level using various tools to balance trade-offs and ensure a solid product design
- Regulatory test, debug and standards support
- Manufacturing and cross-functional team interaction and support for project completion
The following attributes are strongly preferred:
- 5+ years as a board level RF Design Engineer
- Specialist in RF circuit design, test and optimization
- Expert in transmitter and receiver design from baseband to RF
- Experienced in fault analysis and resolution at system and board level
- Demonstrated success in multiple product designs in an RF capacity
- Strong team player and communicator
- Proficient in matching circuits and inter-stage matching of various RF components and circuits
- Expertise in power amplifier parameter derivation and design. Deep knowledge of non-linear behavior is critical
- Expert in the use of test equipment, such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, phase noise test sets, RSAs, Oscilloscopes etc.
- Working knowledge of soldering of surface mount components and rework of boards containing surface mount components is needed
- Working knowledge of simulation software such as ADS, CST
- Working knowledge of different modulation schemes and the trade-offs associated with them
- Working knowledge of PCB design from capture to layout. Cadence knowledge is a plus. Familiarity with HDI and high-speed board design
- Working knowledge of ETSI/FCC and EMC/EMI tests
- Working knowledge in WiFi and BT is a plus
- Strong insight into embedded system is a plus
- Knowledge of phased array systems and antenna parameters are a plus