A Sr. Manufacturing Systems Engineer and Solutions Architect is needed to work remotely to design and implement end-to-end solutions to meet our Midwest clients’ business goals and initiatives. The Manufacturing Systems Engineer will be focused on the architecture, design and delivery of end-to-end solutions. Clients are beginning the transition from the 3rd Industrial Revolution and on the journey to adopt the technologies, systems, and solutions required of the 4th Industrial Revolution. Therefore, this role must possess the drive to master the IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), the data required and the analytics thereof to drive change.
** Successful business for 40 years, Room for growth, Full benefits, 401k with 5% match, Tuition assistance, Relocation Assistance**
- Design and lead the implementation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and system integration projects
- Define functional requirements and documentation analysis and develop detailed designs that meet operations requirements.
- Develop Manufacturing Execution Systems / Manufacturing Operations Management (MES/MOM) system architectures design and documentation
- Design and Develop MES/MOM applications including process graphics, trending, alarm event displays, scripting, user-defined attributes, user management, etc.
- Design and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Design and Develop system management utilities to perform backup, configuration synchronization, data loading and archiving, etc.
- Design and Develop custom applications and interfaces to ERP business systems and manufacturing systems
- Design and Develop solutions for clients related to System Predictability and Data Analytics.
- Enhance existing MES/MOM systems at client sites to drive operational improvements
- Conduct workshops with clients to help define appropriate functional requirements for to meet applicable user requirements
- Analyze manufacturing needs and convert them into deliverable solutions
- Create and/or refine internal MSS Processes and Procedures for ensuring consistent project execution
- Assist Sales with maintenance of client relationships which may include some routine engagement with some clients (needed to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with our client partners)
- At least 5 years of Manufacturing Systems development and commissioning experience
- Excellent communication, creative, critical thinking, problem-solving, planning, prioritization, project management, teamwork, and organization skills
- Experience working with Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) calculation, display, and presentation
- Strong skills with databases are required (working with SQL databases, writing queries, stored procedures, etc.)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, both locally and overnight
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Technology and/or Electrical Engineering Technology or related field from an ABET accredited college or university (or equivalent/related work experience).
- 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Application development experience with one or more MES software stacks (such as AVEVA MES, Ignition, TrakSYS, FactoryTalk EMI, or GE Proficy) is preferred.
- Experience designing and deploying operations on cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with use of DevOps and experience with all elements of the software development life cycle in on-Premisis and cloud-based environments.
- Skills with one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, ASP, VB.NET, Java.
- Application development in .NET and Web-based environments
- Design and develop reports using Wonderware Information Server, FactoryTalk VantagePoint, and/or other similar reporting tools.
- OSI/PI or other factory historian experience
- Ideal: Experience with a variety of machine learning, AI and machine predictability solutions (such as Predix).
Did you know? Automationtechies can provide you with access to key decision-makers in a company that you would not get from submitting your resume directly.