- Work to design and develop products that meet customer specifications which may include the following:
- Performing engineering calculations using CAD and solid modeling software to create designs
- Completing DFMEA Leading Design Reviews Completing and updating Design Validation Plan
- Managing all prototype activity
- Work with manufacturing and quality to assure that designed product can be manufactured with minimal downtime and minimal scrap.
- Work with APQP team, purchasing, and sales to assure that all advanced quality planning steps are taken prior to product launch and to assure that product meets all customer requirements.
- Participate in APQP activity to assure that products are released into production in a timely manner.
- Work to develop improved products, concepts, methods, etc.
- Work with the Sales department to make presentations and assure customer satisfaction.
- Four (4) year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of the following disciplines: Vibration, Stress/Strain, Dynamics, GD&T, DFM, VE, DOE, DFMEA/PFMEA, FEA and CAD.
- Able to work on several projects at once.