Director – Financial Planning & Analysis
This position will play a key role in helping to driving a SaaS business to achieve its financial and operational success. The Director-FP&A is a hands-on position with high-level, company-wide visibility. This person is responsible for providing analytical insight across all aspects of the business This role is a challenging position with high-level visibility. The FP&A is responsible for delivering forward-looking guidance to executives, ownership as well as reporting financial results and managing business leaders to optimal performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the Company’s monthly financial and operational reporting package, which includes, among other things, financial statement analysis, variance analysis, KPIs, metrics and other dashboards relating to the overall performance of the Company. This includes all reporting to the Company’s investors and other financial partners.
- Work closely with the accounting team to facilitate timely aggregation, reporting and analysis of financial information.
- Maintain and refine the Company’s cash forecasting capabilities and pro models to enhance the Company’s ability to forecast its cash needs and balances at all times.
- Work closely with sales and marketing and revenue operations to facilitate the collection, organization and analysis of information through reports, metrics and dashboards that provide insight as to, among others, the company’s pipeline, bookings, revenues, customers, partners, margins, selling costs, and other KPIs, etc. Play an integral role in managing customer churn through the development of models and reports that provide deep insights into churn-drivers.
- Lead complex modeling and analysis of potential acquisition opportunities, including due diligence activities.
- Take a leadership role in the development of the company’s annual operating plans and budgets to ensure that they are consistent with the company’s objectives based on financial metrics, market comparables and other pertinent criteria. Own and operate the budget models.
- Be the keeper of the definitive source of truth for all reporting, metrics, KPIs and analyses that emanate from FP&A. Work cross-functionally to ensure that accurate, appropriate and relevant data is being consistently applied to such analyses. Develop and deliver presentations to senior management with clear and concise objectives, analyses, and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain 5-year operating plan model that can be used to provide a long-term perspective based on the company’s current and circumstances.
- Develop and deliver presentations for senior management, investors, and board members independently, accurately and clearly.
- Participate in financial activities to support ad hoc projects as needed which may include pricing analyses, strategic initiatives and business cases, among others.
- Develop models and analyses to facilitate all forecasting and projecting and pro forma analyses.
- Possesses top-tier Excel modeling skills with an aptitude and affinity for learning other software applications as needed, including, among others, Netsuite and Hubspot.
- Has a deep appreciation for and commitment to pursuing and refining data to develop and constantly refine models and analyses that are both insightful and accurate. Relentless in pursuing the “right answer.”
- Outgoing, roll-up the sleeves team player who can collaborate and develop strong, two-way relationships cross-functionally. Is able to subvert their needs to those of the team.
- Strong overall communications skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Possesses good judgement and is rational and highly inquisitive by nature. Is not afraid to ask questions.
- Thrives on being challenged and accountable, is detail-oriented and mission-focused with a strong work ethic. Can work independently and under pressure.
- Can multi-task and remained composed while dealing with changes in priorities, timeframes and challenges, among others.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and proven quantitative skills with a financial orientation.
- MBA a strong plus.
- 3-5 years of strong FP&A experience, ideally in a SaaS/cloud environment.
- Proficiency in Excel; strong financial modeling skills.
- Quantitatively driven, but able to make qualitative assessments.
- Private equity experience preferred.