We are looking for a self-starter Field Service Engineer for repair and installation for complex specialty welding systems. They will service customers in North America and diagnose errors and determine proper solutions by troubleshooting and repairing electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical systems and components.. They will provide service and customer support during planned field visits and in urgent cases via customer service hotline online-support.
- Provide feedback on changes and suggestions for improving the products.
- Provide training and assistance to customer's operations personnel and maintenance staff.
- Assist customer's maintenance staff with tooling installation and commissioning for new products.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Proven Field Service experience with highly complex, automated machine systems.
- Good knowledge of mechanics, electro-mechanical components, PLC controls and drive technology.
- Extensive practical knowledge in PLC controlled automation, material movements executed by robots, as well as quality inspection cameras and laser scanners.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required for effective collaboration with customer plant personnel from various disciplines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Additional Spanish literacy is considered a plus.
- Able to travel within North America and occasionally to the overseas HQ-location. Depending on the scope of the project such business trips may span over several weeks.
- Educational background: Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics Engineering. Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience.