Our growing software client is hiring a Presales Consultant to work as part of their sales team. This person will work with the sales team to positively position their product with prospects who are looking for a new, modern TMS. This role requires a solid understanding of logistics processes along with comfort with software solutions. The candidate must have the ability to interact with prospects to understand their business needs and demonstrate how their product can satisfy them. The position is remote. Candidates can live anywhere in the United States.
- Becoming an expert with the software solution and staying abreast of the latest and planned capabilities
- Working closely with the sales team in qualifying prospects and responding to new business opportunities.
- Engaging with prospects to understand their business needs and current challenges with existing systems and processes
- Creating and demonstrating solutions both over the web and in-person
- Communicating effectively (both verbally and in writing) to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- Understanding and communicating how their solution can provide a return on investment.
- Providing knowledge transfer to the implementation team for a new client
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related experience (Candidate may have been in customer facing implementation role and have a strong desire to move into a pre-sales function.)
- Must have logistics knowledge/experience along with extensive software systems capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer-facing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in writing business documents including scope and developing a Statement of Work
- Ability to travel.(NOTE: We have not been traveling during the pandemic and will not be traveling immediately; travel will continue to be evaluated based on conditions)
- 3+ years track record of successfully working within a related presales position a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly experienced at dealing with clients/users at all levels.
- Excellent understanding of the technology life cycles, concepts, and practices.
- Technical capabilities, although not required, would be a strong plus, including an understanding of integration flows, XML, web services, SQL, and/or scripting
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Ability to travel (See above)