- Provide technical and regulatory expertise based on knowledge of OSHA, DOT, NFPA, and other pertinent regulations to assist
staff and local work force in the solution of safety and security related issues.
- Lead facility security team in managing security processes to include: completion of site surveys, management of security guard
force, delivering appropriate training, and developing and administering site security policies and practices.
- Coordinate and conduct various internal auditing processes to ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory
standards, policies, and procedures.
- Implement and oversee site’s Process Safety Management (PSM) Program under the direction of supporting the Corporate
Divisional Safety Manager.
- Active involvement in the site’s Worker’s Compensation Program by engagement in meetings, providing documentation for
claims in litigation, and assist the Occ Health Nurse/Third Party Administrator in effectively managing all open claims.
- Serve as a resource/consultant to staff and field management regarding the development of new capital projects to ensure that
safety and security standards are met.
Requirements: Bachelors degree in Safety Engineering, Business Management or related field is strongly preferred. In the absence of a degree, directly related work experience may be considered. This position requires 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment (14 years without a degree) plus:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to deal effectively with hourly workforce, technical personnel, regulatory agencies and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with government/regulatory agencies.
- Detailed knowledge of health and safety regulation issued by OSHA, Workers Compensation and other governmental agencies.
- Professional certification a plus
- Bi-lingual capabilities a plus
- Knowledge of food processing strongly preferred