Sourcing Manager located in Chicago at a plant on the south side near Midway Airport, will manage initiatives that drive down cost, lead-time, and risk of required goods and services. Directly supervises 2 employees in a heavy metal industrial for a truck, rail, car, freight parts manufacturing plant producing gears, brakes, gears, radiators etc. Big opportunity for procurement/purchasing/sourcing managers with related manufacturing industry experience that can control inventory, understand the why and what for root cause analysis, partner with shipping, upgrade talent, and translate this to management to turn around a plant inventory department. You will be making a global impact with a Fortune 500 company with excellent benefits and future career growth opportunities.
Strategic procurement is highly focused on world class cost management. Responsible for driving down cost utilizing benchmarks, effective negotiation strategies, should cost tools, metal market trends and supply chain/commodity analysis and sourcing strategies. Procure materials, components and services and select and develop the supply base to support the requirements of the Company. Implement and manage the procurement strategies, processes and tools, and system requirements to improve cost, quality and productivity. Manage suppliers by setting, measuring and driving performance expectations while working with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to drive program deliverables. Participate in, contribute to and implement the organization’s global strategic procurement plan in line with overall business performance goals. Conduct technical, business and process analysis identifying areas for process improvement and providing advice to senior management.
Heavy industrial Manufacturing Procurement/Sourcing Management experience required. Looking for knowledge with CASTINGS, FORGINGS, METAL STAMPINGS. Off Shore Supplier relationships with India & China.
- Bachelor’s degree aligned with Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management degrees.
- 7+ years of procurement/purchasing/sourcing experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines, commodity management, supply chain, logistics management for manufacturing.
- Sourcing/Procurement leadership experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing for related metal equipment manufacturing environment (tier 1 automotive, rail, truck or heavy transportation equipment such as gears, brakes, radiators, complex metal machine components etc.)
- Off Shore Global Sourcing experience in metal CASTINGS, FORGINGS, METAL STAMPINGS out of China & India
- Procurement of production parts and working with operators on the plant floor
- Experience managing inventory or planning for production.
- Experience with VMI or Kanban systems.
- LEAN Six Sigma or related Continuous Improvement
- Strong organizational, analytical, influencing and communication skills
- Experience in offshore vendor qualification and procurement.
- Certified Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager (CPSM) Certification is preferred.
- Experience managing direct reports and elevating talent
- MS Excel Spreadsheet software; Procurement, Logistics, Inventory software; Internet software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Manufacturing software; Database software and Contact Management systems.