Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift
Supervise and coordinate the activities of production workers.
- Review and analyze reports.
- Direct workers and set deadlines to meet production quotas.
- Ensure that production starts on time.
- Evaluates procedures and practices.
- Develop new methods for improvement.
- Review company policies with workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Assist in resolving problems.
- Maintain production records.
- Report production readings, mechanical problems and downtime daily.
- Present suggestions for improvement.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Technical education preferred with some college completion. 3 Years of related experience required. Supervisory experience required. Experience in operations within a manufacturing environment. Basic understanding and experience with government regulations and procedures is a plus. Experience with labor relations, business development, safety programs, automation and distribution is preferred.
Ability to clearly comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.