Our Columbia, SC manufacturing client is looking to hire a Design Engineer. As the Design Engineer you will support the test design experience. You will design, fabricate, modify and evaluate complex mechanical and elctro-mechanical components, and sub-systems. You will also work directly with the product management team, production team and lab technicians to execute testing.
- Prepare design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Technical responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving design and development.
- Coordinate the efforts of drafters/designers, engineering technicians and machine shop personnel as required by assigned projects.
- Conduct independent technical investigations involving the origination or modification of material.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- Requires 2+ years of related experience.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Experience with analytical and CAD software.
- Requires knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- This company offers a flexible work option, including the potential opportunity for remote work for this position. This role is designated as blending meaning you have the option for up to 2 business days/week of remote work.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans
- Mental and financial health programs
- 401K with company matching and 1 year bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Involvement opportunities
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance is available