***Stable business for 40 years * No Red Tape with this small company * Low travel - less than 10% overnight * Healthcare premiums paid by company * 401k matching ***
We are looking for talented, confident, and engaging people to fill an immediate opening for a full-time control systems engineer. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience in process control or systems integration (5 years preferred), and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, good problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
The following qualifications and experience are desired:
- Detailed knowledge of the architecture and functionality of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in general and particularly those manufactured by Allen-Bradley and Modicon. Requires the ability to design, configure, program, and test PLC logic routines.
- Detailed knowledge of the architecture and functionality of human-machine interface (HMI) and SCADA software in general and particularly GE Proficy iFix, FactoryTalk View, Wonderware, and Ignition. Experience required in developing and working with graphics screens and tag databases.
- Specific experience providing onsite installation of control systems, performing check-out of field devices, and assisting with start-up and commissioning efforts
- General knowledge of information management software products such as Microsoft SQL Server or IBM DB2 that integrate with HMI SCADA networks to facilitate data acquisition, monitoring, and reporting
- Ability to read, interpret, and update process and instrumentation drawings as well as process operating descriptions and utilize these documents for PLC and HMI development
- Basic knowledge of recent Microsoft operating systems and Office software programs such as Word, Access, and most importantly Excel to utilize as aids in the organization and documentation of projects
*Please Note: This opening is for a control systems engineer with a specific focus on PLC & HMI programming for industrial automation. We will not consider candidates with less than 2 years of experience programming PLCs and HMIs. Applications lacking experience with at least 1 of the PLCs and 1 of the HMI platforms listed will not be considered.