Our client is one of New York Metro’s healthy snack provider. They provide companies with many of its food and beverages for their snack rooms. With its corporate headquarters in Westchester County, they are seeking Sales Director to help expand its footprint in the NY Metro area. This will be a heavy hunting role. Position reports to the COO and you with have a maintenance supervisor that you will oversee and manage for the territory.
- Prospecting and following up leads, creation of the proposals and RFPs, and closing sales in the form of vending contracts.
- Set annual sales goals (with the COO), by revenue and by profit criteria.
- Report activity for this position in a flash report. The information to include is: all leads, contacts, telephone calls and visits, sales closed and dollar revenue generated by account.
- Assisting and coach the Route Drivers in their development or refinement of customer service, building selling and referral techniques.
- Meet or exceed sales revenue goals set for this position and the company as a whole.
- Advance and maintain contacts/leads throughout the company’s marketing/sales
- Maintain a schedule of all leads, prospects and quotes/bids. This schedule will indicate bid status (pending, quoted, awarded, and lost), name, location, amount and, relevant comments.
- Keep all prospects in a data base file for future analysis/reference.
- Maintain reports on all jobs for which the company has prepared proposals/bid, calculating the won/lost ratio.
- Prepare quotes/proposals, as required.
- Assist in matters of prospect/customer follow up and, as needed, dispute resolution.
- Identifying market segments to be targeted.
- Development of marketing materials, as needed
- Format and maintain a reference list and testimonials to the company.
- Handle any/all customer service, as needed.
- Required: High School Diploma
- College Degree in Business is a major plus
- Must have a NY State-issued driver’s license.
- 5-10 years’ industry experience
- Extensive office work with visits to prospects locations, site visits at times required to jobs in process and completed jobs.