The BI Specialist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of mission critical enterprise BI reporting, ETL, analysis and data visualization processes and environments. The Business Intelligence Specialist will implement and support business intelligence solutions, maximize information worker productivity through information availability and provide support and the information needed for optimizing business processes. This individual must have a successful track record of developing robust BI solutions, primarily using Microsoft BI tools and technologies (both on premise and Azure)
- Project Management
- Design, coding, unit testing, and documentation
- Business analysis to gather required Business Intelligence solution requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Maintenance/Troubleshooting/Root Cause Analysis
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users
- Design, build and implement ETL scripts, BI Reports, and Data Visualizations & Dashboards
- Optimize complex stored procedures, scripts, functions and other BI components for best performance
- Transition developed BI systems to the Operations & Support team
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Collaborate with governance, risk, and compliance personnel on network security, data privacy, SOX and other regulatory compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related computer field strongly preferred. 5+ years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Minimum education required: Associates Degree in IT field.
- Technical vendor certifications are preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing enterprise-scale reporting systems, including working with users in a requirements analysis role
- Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the following technologies:
- ETL: Integration Services (SSIS) and Azure Data Factory
- Analytics: OLAP cubes and Tabular models
- Reporting and visualization: Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI
- Knowledge and application of developer tools, such as Azure Dev Ops (Visual Studio Online), Git source code control, Visual Studio, Postman and Swagger