RN ICU Stepdown Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - Full Time-Frisco, TX
Shift: Full Time (36 hours per week) - Days (Rotating Weekends)
This is a 54-bed hospital campus in Plano that is known for its comprehensive array of services, including orthopedic care, brain and spine care, and women's services.
The hospital's Bariatric and Metabolic Institute has earned accreditation as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. Staff members say the pleasant work environment and friendly colleagues are among the reasons they enjoy working here. In 2019, this facility was named as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in Texas.
The ICU Stepdown PCU RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- MUST have Recent Acute Care Experience in PCU (within the last year)
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum one year hospital PCU nursing experience required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.