RESPONSIBILITIES: This position leads and deploys the people agenda for this union poultry processing complex, including strategic programs, actions, and initiatives that enable the delivery of the manufacturing business strategy at this facility.
- Ensure an ongoing and proactive focus on developing and reinforcing a positive culture through the execution of strong internal communications and employee engagement strategies with a focus on driving employee retention.
- Aligns with operational leaders to identify new opportunities for improved workforce performance.
- Partners with operations and HR leadership to direct and implement HR programs designed to deliver effective HR solutions.
- Manages and develop direct reports
- Develop organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of human resource experience in a manufacturing environment.
Specific requirements include:
- One year of supervisory or management experience.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and corporate employment regulations and policies (EEO, Wage and Hour, etc.).
- Experience motivating, training, and coaching employees to encourage optimum performance and engagement.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Strongly preferred attributes include:
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Knowledge of collective bargaining including an understanding of the union organization process, contract negotiations, grievance handling up through the arbitration level, multi-employer pension plans, and labor and employment law including the National Labor Relations and Taft-Hartley Acts .
- SAP HCM HRIS experience
- Food industry experience.