Primary responsibility are products in the area of process sensors (pressure, temperature, flow, level, etc.), temperature controls and signal conditioners. The Product Engineer is a cross functional servant leader and bridge builder working within the team, with other company teams and with our product suppliers.
Great things about working here!
- LOW TRAVEL
- 8-5 or 8-6 with half-day off each week, NO OVERTIME
- Quarterly bonuses and generous profit sharing
- Team-based culture
- Training provided first month and ongoing training every few days
- Excellent benefits: health/dental/life insurance, 401k, bonus, profit sharing
- On-campus cafe and gym and exercise classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Product evaluation and testing
- Sourcing documentation or material for catalog, manuals, webinars, application notes/articles, example programs, etc.
- Support for new product introductions
- Backline support for the internal technical customer support team
- Technical product training for internal teams
- Life-cycle projects to improve product quality or to lower product cost
- Supplier evaluation including product packaging and barcode labels
- Supplier evaluation for product support capabilities
- Some scheduled domestic and international travel is required
- Requires education in a technical discipline with preference for BS in electrical or mechanical engineering or at least 10 years of experience
- Requires 7 years of experience (10 years is preferred) in the industrial control & automation market. This could include product application, control system integration, technical support, and/or product design involving process controllers, temperature controllers, process sensors, and other similar products. Similar experience in related markets such as building automation may be considered.
- Experience with industrial control products such as PLCs and HMIs including the industrial communication protocols is desirable.
- Experience with agency approvals such as UL, CSA, RoHS, etc. and CAD such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc. is desirable
- Must possess self-confidence, organizational skills, time management skills, and excellent communication skills
- Must also be able to work on and manage projects independently, meet deadlines, and have excellent interpersonal skills