DAYS - PACU RN - Plano, TX
SHIFT: Days with rotating weekends / Flexible with 8,10 or 12hr shifts - Call Rotation
This full-service, Magnet designated 600+-bed acute care hospital has more than 2,070 employees. They have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Their services include a level 1 trauma center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
In collaboration with other members of the perioperative team, the Recovery Room RN develops, coordinates, and implements a plan of care based on patient assessment, knowledge of surgical procedures, anesthesia plan, physician orders, application of relevant policies/procedures and AORN/ASPAN guidelines.
- Perform a comprehensive nursing assessment of the post-op patient and closely monitor vital signs and levels of consciousness as the patient recovers from the effects of anesthesia
- Proactively observe and act accordingly to treat pain, nausea, and other patient post-op symptoms and any side effects of anesthesia
- Administer medications as ordered by the physician and assess the surgical site for bleeding / change bandages.
- Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
Using advanced technology and leading-edge techniques, we perform procedures in a wide range of surgical specialties, including Brain, Burn, Cardiovascular, General, Gynecological, Neurology, Ortho, Plastics, Robotics, Spine, Trauma, and Urology. As a Level 1 Trauma Center, our Surgery Department has 26 operating rooms and is staffed 24/7. The Recovery Room PACU RN develops, coordinates, and implements a plan of care based on patient assessment, knowledge of surgical procedures, anesthesia plan, physician orders, application of relevant policies/procedures and AORN/ASPAN guidelines
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS issued by the American Heart Association required
Minimum of 1 year experience as a RN in a high acuity PACU or 1 years ICU/Critical Care experience in an ACUTE CARE SETTING.
- 1000 Cases monthly
- 25 bed unit
- MUST live with 25-30 mins of facility for call
- Cases - Ortho, Neuro, Spine, Robotics, General, Robotics, CVOR, Burn, Endovascular, Gyn, Plastics (No Transplant)
- MUST be willing to care for COVID patients
Salary Range: $31.57/hr - $42.37 (10yrs) - $53.46 (20yrs) - based on yrs. of experience),
Night Shift Differential: $3.75/hr. Weekend Differential: $4.30/hr.
On call: $3.00hr
Sign on bonus: up to $7,500
Relocation: up to $3,000