Our client is growing their facility outside of Rice Lake, WI. With annual sales of over $14 billion our client is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. You will be offered relocation assistance and the opportunity for career growth.
Provide leadership and management for the quality function and sustain the quality philosophy and lean culture for the division at the plant level. Establish, maintain and optimize an effective quality management system. Implement the division’s quality plan at the plant level to achieve the divisions overall quality objectives. Enhance and improve the division’s products and services through the implementation of ISO 9001, problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques.
Reports to the Division Quality Manager. As management’s representative for quality, manages department resources and coordinates the implementation of the quality management system between business units and locations to cost-effectively facilitate quality and compliance. Interacts routinely with all functional areas as well as with customers, field sales, regulatory agencies, division/group/corporate management, and suppliers.
In this role you will:
- Communicates customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate/division policies.
- Works with the leadership team to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
- Coordinates necessary plant personnel for internal, customer and third party quality system audits.
- Maintains a corrective action system to analyze and correct nonconforming conditions and complaints.
- Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the cost of poor quality. Uses the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts.
- Assess supplier capabilities and monitor supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
- Manages plant quality team work and materials flow.
- Supervisory responsibility of QA Team and first responder leading quality spill management (communications, containment, process improvement coordination with accountable teams)
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of Quality, Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of International Standard ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QS-9000 as applicable for automotive sector).
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.