Depending on experience, salary up to $60K
Do you have exposure to hiring hourly and/or salary staff?
Do you have experience working as an HR generalist in manufacturing?
Do you enjoy learning new processes and working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
Would you like to work for a manager that will mentor you and help you grow in your profession?
This position could be for you!
Fast-paced manufacturer is seeking an HR Generalist to report to the Human Resources Manager and assist with human resources activities. Daily will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Recruiting, interviewing and hiring the hourly workforce
- Conducting new hire orientation and training
- Assisting the production team with coaching, leading and mentoring their staff
- Monitoring time and attendance processes
- Completing benefits paperwork and answering staff benefits questions
- Conducting criminal background checks
- Assisting with accident reporting and payroll verification
- Other tasks as directed by management
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated and detail oriented, be able to handle multiple tasks and take initiative on projects. There is the potential to travel up to twice a year to different company locations. This position is eligible for 401K, profit sharing, medical benefits, tuition reimbursement, vacation, paid holidays and other employee advantages.
REQUIREMENTS for the HR Generalist:
1. Ideally the minimum of an Associate's degree with at least two year of human resources experience; a Bachelor's degree is highly preferred
2. Experience with hourly and/or salary recruitment
3. Experience with HR generalist functions, which may include employment law, benefits, time and attendance, onboarding, orientation, etc.
4. Experience working in manufacturing
5. Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. SHRM certification
2. Employment law
Why work for this organization:
1. The company has experienced extensive growth over the last 5 years
2. The opportunity for 401K and profit sharing
3. Employee perks
4. The opportunity to learn more HR functions and work as a generalist
5. The opportunity to be coached and mentored
Candidates need to be local to the Tiffin, Ohio area. There is not a relocation package at this time.