North Suburban Chicago CPA seeks dynamic Senior Accountant
Here is your opportunity to make your mark and join a one of the best CPA firms in the Chicago Area. We have been consistently voted as one of the best places to work in Chicago, and value a quality of life work environment for our associates.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant. We prefer a background with experience in public accounting, with exposure to Tax and or Audit.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior will be responsible for preparing a wide variety of tax returns, financial reporting, assisting in responding to taxing authorities, and general accounting.
1. Up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
2.Ability to prepare individual 1040, S, C Corp and Partnership Tax Returns.
3. Researching, reviewing, and analyzing various new audit and accounting standards and communicating to team members and/or clients.
4. Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and financial statements using various software programs.
5. Reconcile accounts to trial balance.
6. Perform schedule computation of accruals, property and equipment and calculates depreciation expense.
7. Perform other accounting and auditing as needed.
8. Ability to communicate directly with clients during attestation engagements.
9. Prepare working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and other reports in accordance with generally accepted professional and firm standards.
10. Communicates engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to partners and supervisors.
11. Respond to tax notices, communicate with taxing authorities and partner regarding such notices.
12. Prepare tax projections.
13. Prepare extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments.
1. Demonstrate analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills
2. Prepares other reports and projects as requested.
3. Maintain and build relationships with clients through good communication, timely service and support of client’s needs.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree in Accounting is encouraged.
2. 2 to 5 years of experience providing compilation, review, and auditing services in a public accounting firm.
3. Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to develop technical skills to provide services to clients. The Firm will assist with achieving this requirement.
- An open door policy, which encourages new staff members to ask questions and promotes strong professional development.
- Outstanding benefits include 20 days personal time off, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, sponsored continuing education, health and life insurance and competitive salary.
- We are steps away from the Metra and public transportation is an option.
- A quality of life work environment and a commitment to employee growth, development, and advancement.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Same day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars.