Plant Accounting Manager
$80-135K + Bonus
Our Orangeburg, SC client is looking to hire a Plant Accounting Manager. As the Manager, Plant Accounting you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the general accounting function, which is focused primarily on the accuracy and maintenance of ledge accounts and the resultant financial statements.
- Manage the close process to include coordination with Corporate, developing the close calendar, and analysis and variance reporting.
- Oversee the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements and ensure they are distributed in a timely manner.
- Provide and interpret data from accounting records as required by management.
- Coordinate accounting services and integrate with operating needs.
- Oversee the management of functions such as property records, general ledger and general accounting services (payroll and accounts payable).
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes, ensuring that practices are in line with overall goals of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years related experience.
- CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills.