- $10 Billion global foods manufacturer that has been in business for 73+ years has a need for a Production Supervisor due to a recent expansion
- They have 24 facilities nationwide and is the main location for hiring entry level leadership roles and putting them into management training programs to quickly advance them to the next level
- Our client offers work-life balance, fantastic benefits, stability, growth and a great team atmosphere.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Manufacturing experience is a plus - keys are: BA/BA required, leadership of any time and willingness to grow career and learn
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
- Manage, lead, coach, train and develop a team of 5-10 employees
- Coordinate with Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
- Support & improve upon quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
- Ensures safety programs are implemented effectively, reviewed regularly and revised as necessary.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools to track KPI’s, metrics and improve OEE efficiencies
- BA/BS required
- Excellent leadership skills from a military environment or any college projects / internships or related background
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well in group situations; ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner.
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- Able to work in a high-speed facility with the capability of tracking KPI's, efficiencies and implementing lean manufacturing or continuous improvement methodologies
- Military veteran specifically with the ability to train, coach and develop.
Military veteran preferred