Director Med/Surg – Memorial Satilla Health, Waycross, GA
This 230 plus bed, full service, acute care medical facility has been providing the highest quality medical care to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years. The hospital serves as a regional referral center for more than 185,000 residents across nine counties. Key Services include a very busy ER where we treat more than 45,000 emergencies each year; Our Heart, Orthopedic, Surgery, Rehab, Sleep and Birthing Centers with specialists trained specifically or these needs and an extensive Mental Health program for seniors and those suffering with memory loss.
The Director Med Surg will develop and support the strategic direction and operational needs of the department(s). In this position you will implement, assess, evaluate, plan, develop and organize programs and services to assure our mission is achieved. Join this dynamic team to unlock the possibilities of your career.
- You will implement, assess, evaluate, plan, develop, and organize programs and services
- You will recruit and assure the competence of customer-focused staff, analyze, organizational performance issues, develop quality improvement indicators, and develop and maintain department budgets
- You will be responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the assigned patient care area(s)
- You will assume the role of leader in planning, organizing, coaching and facilitating your department functions and staff to ensure quality service during operational hours
- You will have an intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree preferred
- A current BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association (AHA or American Red Cross are required
- 3+ years of recent experience in acute care med surg; 3+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
The person MUST have experience in leading and managing an ICU department.
Strong Med Surg may also be considered.
Strong and proven leadership skills are essential.
Reporting structure: reports directly to the CNO
Reason for vacancy: Director left for another opportunity outside of Hospital
Types of Services: Med Surg 4M/S, 3 M/S, 5 Trauma/Surgery, 5 Neuro M/S, position is over these areas, largest area of the hospital.
Monthly Department Volume: around 10 discharges per day
# of Beds Per Unit: 61 inpatient med/surg beds
# FTEs: just under 100 direct reports
Mid: approx $110K +
Max: approx $120K
Up to 15% annual performance incentive. Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates.