Title: Director of Patient Safety
Shift: Days 9am-5 pm
This Hospital is licensed for 164 beds, has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39,000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. We are also a Primary Stroke Center, perform Spine Surgery, and have a comprehensive Cardiovascular Services department. We are an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a Cardiac Rehabilitation program as well as have a Total Joint Replacement Program.
Coordinates Patient Safety programs for the facility. Responsible for promoting safe and efficient work environments for all staff members and patients. Coordinates facility wide risk and patient safety related programs for the continuous improvement of the quality of care and service affecting all customers - patients, physicians, employees and payors.
Effectively report, investigate, and analyze patient safety incidents, medical errors and potential risks in the facility. - Facilitate thorough and credible serious event analysis that result in strong sustainable improvement strategies. - Facilitate thorough and credible failure mode effect analysis to identify and mitigate unintended adverse patient outcomes and evaluate effectiveness of process changes. - Perform Patient Safety Rounds that identify patient safety risks. Empower staff to identify and participate in resolution of patient safety concerns. - Coordinate disclosure of serious events to patients and/or families in accordance with organizational policy and regulations. - Assure timely reporting of Patient Safety Work Product (PSWP) to the Patient Safety Organization. - Actively participate in PSO learning collaboratives.
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required; If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- Other licenses/certifications required by State
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer, If not already a Master Trainer, must obtain with 12 months of hire.
- BSN required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years healthcare experience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality preferred. Healthcare experience should be recent and within a clinical setting such as Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Center, etc
Types of Services:
- FTEs - 200-250
- 4 units
- Neuro/ Med surg - primary stroke unless need ICU
- Surgical/trauma – complex cases - post surgical
- MS Oncology
- MS / CDU
Salary: Min 40.00 - Mid 50.23 (10 years of exp) - Max $57.00 (20+years of exp to be considered for the max) - Salary is based on years of experience * they have room to get yearly merit increase
Sign on: Case by Case
Relocation: Case by Case