About the job
Our billion dollar plus Schaumburg area manufacturer is seeking a well-qualified Supply Chain /Purchasing Specialist . In this position you will be involved in tasks related to scheduling, production planning and supply chain needs. You will closely interface with the Plant Manager, Purchasing Manager and Shipping Coordinator. You will also assist in local efforts to support manufacturing in inventory management as well as any other operational needs.
- Schedule and oversee production including finished goods, fabricated material and purchased components.
- Work and support Plant Manager in Production flow and scheduling.
- Work with Purchasing Manager to purchase materials according to supply chain needs, forecasts, and maintain quality standards for all components.
- Work with Customer Service team to ensure lead times and order acknowledgements being distributed to customers are accurate and validated.
- Work with Shipping Coordinator to assure shipments delivered timely to customers.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years working with demonstrated performance in inventory planning, production planning / scheduling.
- Excellent computer skills with focus on Excel.
- Warehouse experience.
- Experience with ERP systems, Scheduling Software.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance