Manager Women's Services- Full Time-Plano, TX
Shift: Full Time, No Weekends
Located in the “City of Excellence,” this facility is a part of the largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers in North Texas.
This 493-bed acute care facility has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. It stands as the community’s first comprehensive medical center.
This facility houses the first Level 1 and 2 Trauma Centers in Collin County, as well as Collin County’s first Burn Center. The hospital’s ER is also equipped with Comprehensive Cardiac and Vascular services.
The Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and evaluation of nursing care provided on the assigned unit(s). The Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Unit Manager assists the Department Director in the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures and in the financial management of the Unit.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling and staff development.
- Participates in financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit related in-services.
- Current TX RN license or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA) certification
- ACLS (AHA) certification within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced Nursing Certification within 6 months of hire in position.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or related field required from an accredited school.
MUST HAVE RECENT (WITHIN THE LAST YEAR) ACUTE CARE EXPERIENCE!
- 3-5 years experience as a staff nurse in Woman's Services.
- Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to the assigned clinical practice area.
- Previous management experience or demonstrated ability to serve in a leadership position.
Up to 12 beds. Mom baby and nursery – couplet care model. Baby catching nurse and resource nurse – couplet care model
Salary: $36.42- $45.52 (10 years’ experience) -$54.63 20(20 years’ experience)
Sign on Bonus: Up To $10,000
Relocation: Up To $12,000
**Pay out time on Sign on and Relocation: 2 year commitment for Both Sign on and Relocation assistance (50% pay back at 12 month mark and 0 pay back after 24 months.)