As the Production Supervisor, you will train, motivate, instruct and assist employees to complete job assignments according to proper plant procedures.
You will be trusted to:
- Review production schedules, material and manpower resources.
- Assign employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Assist in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures.
- Accurately maintain daily time sheets for hourly employees, production summaries, overtime and downtime reports.
- Maintain a variety of other reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules and performance.
- Collaborate with other supervisors and communicates with peers, subordinates and management in a professional manner.
- Carry out inspections to ensure cleanliness, safety, quality control and to optimize production.
- Coordinate maintenance support for building and machinery repair in order to ensure a safe and well-maintained work environment.
NOTE: This position is for 2nd shift (3:00pm - 12:30am) - Will be required to work 10 hour shifts, as well as Saturday.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates with a Bachelor degree and 5 years related manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Demonstrated success in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, both written and verbal that result in effective communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Familiarity with LEAN manufacturing principles are a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Bi-lingual Spanish capabilities are a plus.