Facility Maintenance Supervisor – 2nd shift
$60-75K plus bonus
Our Ames, IA manufacturing client is looking to hire a Facility Maintenance Supervisor to their 2nd shift operations (3:00pm – 11:30pm). As a member of the maintenance team, this supervisor coordinates the day-to-day activities of maintenance workers to ensure that production equipment, machinery and instruments function reliably and safely and facilities, buildings and plants are in good working order.
- Develop, implement and maintain a preventive maintenance program for equipment and facilities.
- Inspect completed work to check that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools that are used by maintenance workers in their day-to-day activities.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so the team’s resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met.
- Train new workers in the organization’s operating procedures and standards.
- Coordinate with outside contractors for service contracts.
- Requires a high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 5 years related experience.
- Requires the ability to work an off-shift (2nd) and overtime - 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Ability to lead maintenance teams. Requires tact and good judgment.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Effective in using MS Excel, Word and internet.
- Able to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Able to perform cost analysis and work within a structured budge.
- Ability to learn and apply maintenance best practice.
- Ability to organize and plan tasks.