Expand your knowledge and grow your career in automation working for a growing automation firm in the Charlotte, NC area! Our client is seeking a proven automation engineer with hands-on project experience with PLC and SCADA based control systems and a deep understanding of the different types of control systems that are often part of mission critical facilities.
Specifically, the project engineer has subject matter expertise with central utility/energy plants, to include:
- Chilled and Condenser Water Plants (must have)
- Boiler/Steam Plants (must have)
- Emergency Power Supply Systems (nice to have)
- BS in Engineering or related Technical This role requires that the project engineer has a good understanding of good design and engineering practices.
- At least 5 years' experience with PLC programming
- At least 10 years' experience related to central utility/energy plants, to include chilled and condenser water plants and boiler plants (must have). Knowledge of emergency power supply systems and uninterruptible power supply systems (nice to have).
- Strong professional presence and ability to be seen as a subject matter Professional history should substantiate your expertise.
- Proven track record mentoring and training other team members. Provide references to past professionals that you have trained or
- Ability to get hands-on if needed and be an optional resource in the field helping our control system integrators with startup and commissioning activities.
- Have a valid driver license.
- Have US Citizenship or be authorized to work in the United States.
- Travel to customer locations (no more than 20% of time).
- May have to work in a building interior, a mechanical room, an electrical room or substation, or industrial Depending on the setting, you could be exposed to the elements, hot/cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises at times.