PERM FULL TIME-RN Med/ Tele Neuro - Tallahassee, FL
This is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 380 physicians. We are a 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Burn Clinic, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
The Tele Neuro Care Unit (TNCU) is a 44 bed unit that provides acute level inpatient care to adult and geriatric patients and the designated Stroke unit for acute care of stroke patients. All beds have telemetry capabilities and patients are monitored unless otherwise ordered by the MD. Mechanisms are in place to monitor patients in transport and during procedures in ancillary departments. One negative pressure room is available for those patients whose condition requires respiratory isolation. TNCU is designed for patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided in the Progressive Care Unit or the Critical Care Units.
Patient population served, although not limited to are: ACS, AMI, CHF, CAD, Cardiac rhythm disturbance, Patients requiring diagnostic and / or therapeutic modalities such as, cardiac catheterization, pacemakers, AICD and others as deemed medically necessary by physician. TIA with and without symptoms, acute CVA.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
- ACLS – required on hire for experienced nurses. New Graduates will need to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- NIH Stroke Certification required within 90 days of hire.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- RN-Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score
- MUST HAVE at least 1 year short term/ long term acute care/ rehab/ or skilled nursing
- 44 beds
- 1:6 ratio
- Days and Night shifts open (7-7)
- Primary COVID unit: Must be willing to care for COVID patients
Sal Range: $25 (1 year)- $36 (max) depending on experience
- Night diff: $3; Weekend diff: $2
- Sign on: Up to $5000 sign on bonus for all FT RN’s with 1+ year of direct acute care experience (They must have one year acute care (hospital experience), no LTC or outpatient. It can be anytime in their career)
- Relo: NO