Are you an Electrical Engineer? Do you have interest in analog circuits such as analog filters, phase-locked loops, direct-digital frequency synthesizers, analog-to-digital converters, etc.? Do you have experience in digital signal processing? Are you complemented, as an engineer, for your creativity in coming up with seemingly simple solutions to complex problems?
Do you work best when you are given a problem with the freedom to execute it in the best way possible without jumping through hoops? Are you the person that understands the intricacies in pulling out that last bit of resolution in a 20+ ENOB environment? Does applying your expertise to high accuracy, ultra-high resolution, low thermal coefficient, mixed signal PCBA sound like something that is right up your alley?
The job won’t be repetitive. It will typically be working on new designs or continued engineering projects where we make existing designs perform better.
Here are examples of current projects
- New product development. Meter for the detection of gas properties – this involves signal processing, filtering, phase lock loop circuit, frequency shift extraction, time of flight sensing.
- High Efficiency PWM Valve Driver Board – High-resolution voltage to frequency conversion with > 90% efficiency driving loads from 150mA to 2A. Architect, develop, test, source, release. These will go into roughly 30k products a year.
- Industrial Communication Protocol board – Design, layout, debug, release next generation industrial protocol board – incorporate magnetics, dual rj45 ports, power circuits, protocol IC’s, and associated circuitry for EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus TCP industrial protocols.
What you bring
- Passion for creative work in electrical design
- Bachelor or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in digital/analog board design for production
- CAD Design - Protel PCB or Altium Designer preferred
- Experience with board-level debug & bring-up
- Experience with Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi systems
- Knowledge of advanced electro-mechanical systems: solenoids, servos, positioning systems, piezoelectric devices, position feedback devices
- Sense of urgency and commitment to deadlines
North Tucson, Arizona
A competitive compensation package is offered for this position. The compensation package consists of a base salary – based upon experience; bonus, which is based on growth of profitability and benefits; 401(k); profit sharing; medical, dental, and other benefits. There’s more, but we have run out of space.
Our client designs, engineers and manufactures precision instruments used in a wide range of industries.
Aerospace & Defense
Analytical & Research Laboratory
Bioprocessing & Bioreactors
Energy & Utilities
Food & Beverage
Glass & Optical Fiber
Process Control & Manufacturing
Vacuum Coating & Chemical Vapor Deposition
Disclaimer Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, and efforts. They are not intended to form contractual relationships between the employee and the organization but are intended to reflect the primary elements of a specific job, including but not limited to the essential functions.