Embedded Software Engineer
Northwest Tucson, AZ
Are you an experienced embedded software engineer with 5+ years of experience?
Do you think about how your work is used? Are you interested in having your work being a critical component in rockets, hydrogen fuel cells, medical oxygen delivery systems, environmental monitoring stations and many other applications?
How does department and company culture factor into your thinking? This is a dynamic culture and environment. This team has developed and shipped custom products in 4 days – multiple times. They work fast and are successful. This is an engineering driven company and they love showing customers and others they can!
Are you able to operate independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly technical environment? It is common to work multiple projects concurrently.
- The work has meaning, it impacts many peoples’ lives daily.
- You will be recognized for your contributions and accomplishments.
- You will be competitively compensated.
- Time does not equal Wisdom
- Experience does not equal intelligence
… we’re more interested in what you can do than how long you’ve been doing it.
What you bring:
- At least 5 years’ experience programming in C. Familiarity with Python a bonus.
- Experience coding bare metal (no operating system) or minimal operating system (e.g. FreeRTOS). Embedded Linux or any mobile / desktop OS is too substantial to count for this.
- Experience with the full development cycle, from requirements, through coding and testing, through documentation, customer support, and then maintenance / corrections / expansions.
- Evidence of projects that show an ability to use algebra-level math. This might include algorithms or other processing with equations and numbers. User interface is of less interest.
- Some experience with testing hardware signals, especially digital buses (e.g. UART, SPI, I2C, Ethernet), using a logic analyzer and/or oscilloscope.
Location: Tucson, Arizona
With a cost of living that's 8% lower than the national average and 6% lower than the state average, Tucson is an affordable place to live in Arizona.
Tucson has dramatic beauty, the Sonoran Desert covers this region with spectacular cacti – including the giant saguaro, a symbol of the American Southwest. But don't be fooled by the term “desert” because mountain ranges in all directions offer scenic drives, and even snow skiing.
It’s 4 hours to the Gulf of California.
A competitive compensation package is offered for this position. The compensation package consists of a competitive base salary depending upon experience; medical, dental, and other benefits. Our client offers exceptional advancement potential for a talented and ambitious person.
Our client designs, engineers and manufactures precision instruments used in a wide range of industries.