Senior Mechanical Engineer
High-Speed Production Machinery
Do you design high-speed production machinery? Machinery that is and will be Factory 4.0/Industry 4.0. Do you enjoy meeting customers to discuss their applications and their production challenges?
Are you a team leader? Do you enjoy managing design projects with the support of Mechanical Engineer I & II's plus shop personnel? Are you effective delegating then holding accountable people that are not direct reports? Do team members view you as collaborative and supportive?
How long do you wait to see your work turn into products? Depending on the projects, you will see your work in physical form in 3 to 6 months; new products understandably can take longer, typically less than a year. Would you value being able to point to a product and tell your friends and family that you made that possible? You can do that here.
Are you looking for a company that recognizes the importance of excellent engineering talent for its long-term success? We are an engineering driven company.
If the reality of developing production equipment for major companies around the world; for a company that is growing, profitable, and enjoys high employee tenure; then we have an opportunity for you.
Interesting? Let’s talk.
What do you do?
- Take projects from the analysis of the client's needs through project specification, concept, design, test, and installation.
- Develop the appropriate documentation (BOM'S, ECN’s and REA’s) to support the development, design or modification of products as required.
- Develop and monitor projects budgets
- Travel as required, when safe, to evaluate projects, install and troubleshoot engineering modifications
- Manage medium design projects with support of Mechanical Engineer I, II's and shop personnel. Position reports to Engineering Manager.
- This is a dynamic, professional, and supportive environment where everyone is accountable for their work.
What do you bring?
- Three to seven years of high-speed machine design experience
- Proficient in design using AutoCAD Inventor or another 3D software
- Ability to lead a team of Mechanical Engineer I & II's and shop personnel.
- Ability to make sound technical decisions, prioritize projects, and complete critical items in a timely fashion.
- Ability to manage several design assignments concurrently
- Must be knowledgeable of manufacturing practices, assembly procedures, and machine and mechanical mechanism design.
What do you get?
The compensation package consists of a competitive base salary based on experience plus comprehensive benefits including health, dental and short-term disability insurance, along with a 401(K) with company match and bonus program.
The company offers excellent opportunities to advance for highly capable and ambitious individuals.
Where do we do this?
Tinley Park, Illinois
Our client is a leading manufacturer of production equipment for some of the biggest names in food processing. If you want to be of a collaborative team, building best-in-class products in an engineering driven company, then you owe it to yourself to check us out.