Title: Registered Nurse Med Surg Telemetry- Traverse City, MI
Shift: Night shift 36 hrs
This is a 442-bed nonprofit regional referral center and the largest of nine hospitals in this Healthcare system. Located in beautiful Traverse City, it is nationally recognized for superior quality care - with three Magnet designations, a Level II Trauma Center, ACS Stroke Certification, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation, and an award-winning heart program. We also have the only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in northern Michigan and a brand new Cancer Center. Plus, it’s a great place to work! Our employee engagement surveys consistently confirm that our teams are happy, challenged and professionally fulfilled.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- For those hired into an RN position prior to January 1, 2009, it is encouraged to obtain a BSN.
- Certification in the specialty area of practice is also encouraged.
- For those hired into an RN position after January 1st, 2015, it is required to obtain a BSN within 5 years of start date
- Experience in the clinical area in which application has been made is desirable.
- Is a self-directed professional with the ability to make independent judgments directing patient care.
- Demonstrates ability in using the computer with Windows format preferred.
- Accountable to the Unit Manager or designee of the assigned patient care unit; ultimately accountable for the practice of nursing to the Vice President, Patient Care Services.
- Provides direction to and supervision of LPNs, Techs, Clerks, Nursing Assistants, and/or other categories as needed.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Patient Care Team.
Compensation: Salary Range $28.83 - $42.58 based on years of experience
Sign on and relocation is on a case by case basis
- Afternoon shift $1 per hour
- Night shift $2 per hour plus semiannual bonus
- Weekends $1 per hour
- Up to $3 to work pool
- Up to $5 through clinical advancement
- $2.25 per hour on call
- $1.25 per hour charge/lead