Business Analyst (job description)
We have partnered with a Tier 1 Auto Manufacturer for a unique opportunity with Tremendous Growth Potential.
- This role will work alongside and report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be involved in projects impacting short term and long-term operational strategy.
We are looking for a Business/Operations/CI Analyst to evaluate our company's operations and make recommendations to improve operational efficiency. The Business/Operations Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing changes and new procedures based on the thorough review and analysis of our current policies, resources, operations, processes, and procedures. . Position is based at our corporate headquarters in the Greater Chicago Area
To be successful as a Data/Operations Analyst you should be able to analyze complex data sets, identify shortcomings or opportunities, and work with management and team members to implement changes and countermeasures. An outstanding Data/Operations Analyst should be able to advise staff on all levels and develop new processes, workflows, and tools to enhance operations.
- Identify operational requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Consolidate information from all plants to create company-wide standards.
- Determine appropriate methods to analyze operations, relevant information, and data.
- Document findings, prepare reports/summaries/flashes, and make recommendations.
- Develop new processes and procedures to enhance operations.
- Own countermeasure process after identifying areas for improvement.
- Develop new Power BI dashboards for production/downtime/scrap data visualization.
- Determine the effectiveness of new processes and lead initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Champion SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning) process.
- Lead discussions with executive committee on customer demand and subsequent strategy.
- Assist in plant-specific operations and planning as necessary.
- Analyze and respond to customer inquiries regarding annual planning volumes and capacity.
- Support Strategy Deployment initiative across all plants with KPI results analysis.
- Summarize month-end financial reporting spend and provide details of trends/history/forecast.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related quantitative field.
- 2 plus years of experience as a Data/Operations Analyst or Continuous Improvement Analyst
- Finance experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience using statistical and database software.
- Proactive with advanced project management skills.
- Detailed with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of financial reporting, P&Ls, etc.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills with a sense of urgency.
- Expert with Excel (pivot tables, lookups, formulas, etc.) and the full Office 365 suite.
- Ability to run queries in Oracle, Kronos, Hyperion, and other company systems.
- Lean knowledge (Kaizen, TPS).
- Willing to travel to our plants (approximately 20%).