Director of Product – Syndication
New York, NY
Our client brings together talent in data, technology and media activation to deliver seamless data-driven marketing solutions. As a technology-enabler, they power marketing systems through a proprietary suite of applications that seamlessly integrate AdTech and MarTech. Due to growth, they are hiring a Director of Syndication to help drive strategy and Implementation to external platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience in the digital advertising ecosystem, identifying strategic partners, pricing and contract negotiations, and understanding the targeting and syndication of audiences.
- Lead the definition of a Product Vision and communicate its narrative through short-term and long-term roadmaps
- Partner with a diverse set of stakeholders across the organization to solicit ideas, influence strategy and generate buy-in to proposed actions, while maintaining an objective position
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of clients in the syndication space, and engage at a detailed technical level to drive product requirements
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and customers to deeply understand their business and operational needs and how those needs lay into the larger creation of consumer value and business value.
- Prioritize feature execution against the strategic goals, business value creation, and expected outcomes from across the larger business.
- Identify strategic partners, understand their capabilities, and negotiate pricing and contracts
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader syndication
- Define KPIs to measure success/failure
- Leverage experience in evaluating existing and incubating technologies, techniques, and their application to develop new data products.
- Actively lead the product development process, user story creation as the Product Manager for the engineering team.
- People management experience, w/ strong team motivational skills.
- Experience presenting to Sr. leadership, superior organization and communication skills (written/oral).
- Expertise in syndication data products.
- Expertise in legal and ethical use of data.
- Strong analytical skills evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats
- Experience advocating and driving product adoption and usage
- Experience thriving in a fast-paces, high-growth environment. Results-driven with the ability to anticipate needs, innovate, and multi-task
- Assertive, direct communication style, with the ability to inspire and motivate others across the company. Collaborative, energetic, and hands-on team player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and management
- Experience working as a director of product in high performing, cross functional teams that have shipped products at scale
- Experience managing products through the full life cycle: strategy, development, launch, optimization, sunset.
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)