Manager of Women's Services (RN)- Full Time-San Jose, CA
Shift: Full Time-No Weekends
This Hospital is a 474-bed healthcare facility located in San Jose, California. The hospital is known for its high-quality services, including cancer care, emergency care, cardiology, and neurosciences.
The facility has earned many awards and accreditations, such as the Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement and recognition as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, as well as being only one of three hospitals in the country to earn the Outstanding Achievement Award five consecutive times from the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer. Staff members say it is a great place to work because of its friendly environment, strong teamwork, and supportive management.
The Manager of Mother Baby Unit is responsible for the activities, supervision, management and direction of the Mother Baby Unit accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals. This position will assist the Director in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance of the Department. The manager is responsible for leadership of nursing personnel and/or students and functions as a resource for physicians, nursing staff and patients.
Responsible for the delivery of professional nursing care and provides leadership to staff. Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process, develop and enforce guidelines of medical plan of care and departmental policies. Assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care.
This position reports to: Director of Women's Services
- B.S./B.A. required
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Registered Nurses of the State of California
- NRP Certification
- BLS Certification
- Additional significant experience in area of specialty is preferred.
- Recent experience in Mother Baby Unit setting required
- Staff nurse experience within the last two years preferred.
- 3 years managerial preferred
- MUST have leadership Experience within an Acute Care Setting (within the last year)
- MUST have experience with high volume births (2500-3000 Births Annually)
SKILLS / ABILITIES / KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/ projects and respond to numerous requests
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency, problem solve and make decisions, and exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Ability to sustain direction under minimal direction, in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Requires basic understanding of and ability to utilize the nursing process; Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to: Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Create or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards
- Promote effective communication within the multi-professional team and Understand management and delegation principles.
Salary Range: $77.69 - $97.11(10+ years) (Salary ranges are Based on years of experience)
Relocation Assistance: On a Case by Case basis. (Dependent on distance away from facility)