DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
This Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, it offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer Commission on Cancer. this Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express ER. This Medical Center is in partnership with another Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of an Emergency Care Center, and a Rehabilitation Institute, both located on Airport Road in Destin.
Nurse Manager Surgical Services
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish the mission of the hospital.
Responsible for the operation of clinical activities within the unit.
Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
Demonstrates knowledge of Quality Improvement and exercises clinical competence in the ability to integrate it into the provision of patient care.
Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the unit.
Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
Develop and prepare subordinates and self, educationally, for change and improvement within the nursing unit.
Supervise and participates in the evaluation process of employees within the unit.
Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- CNOR preferred for OR only
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS within 90 days of hire required
- ACLS within 6 months of hire required for ENDO, PACU, OPS
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year previous experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
General CommentsAdditional Info:
- Reports to Director of Surgical Services
- Need a Clinical Supervisor or Superstar Charge RN for this role
- Experienced OR Charge Nurse is a MUST at minimum, prefers another Manager
- Operational Staffing, 24/7 Coverage
- PACU and Outpatient experience a plus
- 10 Beds, working with the Central Sterile, Outpatient, and PACU
- 10 OR, Level II Trauma, staffed 24/7
- 45 Direct Reports
- 6700 annual procedures
Salary Range: $79k -$90k MAX
Sign on: Case by Case
Relo: Case by Case