Responsibilities: This person is responsible for ensuring that staffing levels and needs are met and maintained for plant operations and other department areas in a poultry processing plant. Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifies, develops, implements, evaluates, measures, and improves the recruiting process for hourly and salaried positions while maintaining required staffing
- Establishes an effective and efficient working relationship with plant management and corporate
- Provides training and direction to the hourly staff to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations concerning the interviewing process and AAP compliance
- Creates new and innovative methods to improve the recruitment process and to continually improve the experience and skill set of applicants.
- Achieves measurable results that demonstrate improvement in hiring ratio, i.e. applicants versus hires.
- Ensures all required paperwork, e.g., application, reference checks and interview notes, are forwarded to the EPA (Employment Process Administrator) for proper, correct intake.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field. and 3-5 years of related experience. Previous experience in a staffing role within a manufacturing environment is required. Significant targeted experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Specifically:
- Proven knowledge of laws surrounding the interview process. Exposure to AAP requirements as it applies to the recruitment, interviewing, selection process.
- Proven track record of innovative methods to recruit the targeted workforce and that result in turnover reduction.
- Must be able to multi-task and organize multiple protocols and projects and complete on schedule. Requires strong analytical skills, ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization, provide excellent customer service, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires knowledge of and a commitment to team performance and effective coaching.